Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Sea of Monsters By: Rick Rioran pages:270

               


Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong.” For Percy Jackson here comes another school, another friend and another quest. In this book the protagonists Percy Jackson, Annabeth, and Tyson are on a new quest to find their best friend, Gover. Tyson is one of his classmates in his new school that Percy sticks up for because people bully him. But Does Tyson has a big secret? Does his friends know that secret too but they’re not telling him? Camp Half blood is under attack by creatures from the underworld. Thalia’s Pine tree (protects the camp) has been poisoned and Percy and his friends have to go find something to heal the tree. On the way they meet scary monsters and many more hardships, they also run into they’re old foe Luke for help.

This book is filled with so much action, mystery, and even love. In the beginning of the book you didn't really know some of the characters, like Tyson, but at the end it describes them and there stories of their past. I always wanted to see what happened next because the Author would end most of the chapters with a cliffhanger. If you like adventure, suspense and  the Greek gods this is a book for you! - Maria Athanasopoulos

6 comments:

  1. I love this book the book was just amazing in all ways and so was your review. I just can't remember if they make it all out of the sea of monsters or if only some do. this book kind of sounds like the book I reviewed because it has weird things in it as well. Your review makes me want to read this book again thats how good it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your review on the book: "The Sea of Monsters" was great. It made me want to go out and buy that book right now. I liked the way you used the quote in the beginning: "Be careful of love. It'll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong." I think it shows one of the main ideas or themes of the book, which is love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your review made me want to pick up this book and start reading automatically! The mystery and suspense you put in the review makes this whole book seem interesting. You should recommend this book to teens and young adults, because they'll have a thrill with this book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the book review was great. Now I need to find a copy to read. The author of my book is also the author of your book. He did a great job with both books. I cant wait to read more

    andres arenas/ andrew the mandrew

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book about a month ago, and this review is great for the book, action, mystery, love, great mix. This review makes me want to go and read the book again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book was so good I read it couple months ago. Your book review makes me want to read it again. The book was great and this book review also great. But I wonder what it would by like to be in thier shoes and how do that feel like? Also the author Rick Riodran has great chapters that make you wonder. I enjoied this book and book review.

    ReplyDelete