Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Prayer for Owen Meany

Elsie Prespolis
May, 2012
Red Class
Book Review: A Prayer For Owen Meany


My book review is on A Prayer For Owen Meany by: John Irving
Reviewed by: Elsie P.

    It all started with an innocent baseball game between two boys, two very different boys. One boy who was muscular and popular, and one boy who was weak and geeky. Owen Meany was the name of the weak boy. There is something also important about Owen. He was a gift from God. One hit of a baseball from Owen kills the other boys mother. I liked this book because it shows you the real meaning of friendship! You dont have to be alike in all ways, its inside that counts.

            Other books I read that you might like:

  • The Hunger Games
  • Ida B.
  • Remembering Mrs. Rossi
  • Thirteen Gifts

7 comments:

  1. This books seems really interesting! This review really makes me want to read the book! Maybe for summer reading?- Livy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. This seems like such a good yet sad book. This is a book I would want to read! I liked the review too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book seems very suspenseful. It makes me read it. -Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book review made me want to read it so bad! The video was a really nice way of summarizing the book. Maybe I will read this book over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the song flows with the story your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The review and the animoto is very good. The video really makes me want to read the book!- Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mood was sad at first and made me nervous but then towards the end it got happier. Great job! Thinking about reading this book over the summer.

    ReplyDelete