Wednesday, June 19, 2013

E.L.A
Class: red
Book Review: The Fear
Jake Matton

    The book that I thought was the best that I read this year is The Fear by Charlie Higson. It starts of in London no specific date just modern times. Now in London there is disease that anyone over the age of 16 becomes... a zombie! Originally there was a big group of kids from the previous book that got split up and this book takes place with the half of the kids that settled in The Tower of London. Now they are doing pretty good there they have food, water, weapons and organization but DogNut can’t seem to forget about a crush he had on Brook, even though she was long gone with the other group. but he has one problem that he doesn’t know about Brooks best friend Courtney who is in the same group as DogNut has a crush on him!
   
    Now this book is a very intense one with a lot of pain and hardship. I would say this book reminds me of importance of the little things in life that don’t matter but they make life just that much better. I would say the little things in life are so important because in a horrible world filled with zombies where you constantly live in fear you need those small things that give you just that small jolt of happiness.

    During the course of this book there are many things i love about it. The thing that I liked most about it is that everything connects. What I mean by that is all of the things that happened in the two previous books fit absolutely perfect, even the most minute of details. Another thing I like about this book is that the author gets incredibly in detail with every thing and its amazing especially when it comes to the gruesome parts. When I read this book or any of the previous books I feel like i’m in the middle of the action right there with the characters.

                    HONORABLE MENTION
  • The Enemy series by Charlie Higson
  • The Maze Runner series by James Dashner

1 comment:

  1. I liked your writing and your review about this book. When I finish Cirque Du Freak I am so going to start that series......

    ReplyDelete