Friday, June 14, 2013

Moonglass Book Review by Jessi Kirby


    Reviewed by Amelia A
     Picture this: You were very little when your mother passed, and you don’t know what happened to her. All of a sudden, you’re living in the house at the beach where she met and maybe even died. That’s what happens in the book Moonglass, by Jessi Kirby. Moonglass was a fantastic book with deep details and a rich background of Anna, the protagonist, and her dad. The overall story idea was unique, having to do with her mother passing away years ago, and Anna and her father moving back into where her parents met: a beach house in California. She also has to balance her concerns about her mysterious mother with finding friends at school, and maybe even a love life. The details in the flashbacks really give you an image in your head. The creative plot gives you a full-on picture of what’s going on at all times. When you finish this book, you will remember every detail of it. I still have memories of the images running through my head: The beach, the small shack they live in, the sand, etc.


    The book is very persuasive, and gives you a better perspective of the world and how to think about life. Like, when Anna had memories with her mom, it reminded me of my flashbacks I’ve had about being with my grandparents who have passed. It also makes me want to value my parents more. To find out what Anna figures out about her mother, read the book Moonglass!

Honorable Mentions:

What My Mother Doesn’t Know
Spoiled
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret

1 comment:

  1. You made that book really interesting when you put a picture in my mind

    ReplyDelete