Friday, June 14, 2013

So.B.It Sarah Weeks






So.B.It by Sarah Weeks Reviewed by Gabriella Gonzalez

If you had a mother Named So B.It, who only knew 23 words, what would you do? Well Heidi has lived with her disabled mother, So.B.It, for twelve years. How does a woman raise a daughter only knowing 23 words? Heidi’s mom has a “bum brain” and doesn’t have the first clue how to raise a daughter. But she’s managed to do fine the past twelve years. But how? Heidi deals with problems when she sets out on a quest to find her grandmother’s and her mom’s real names. Will she get to where she’s going? Will she get the information she needs? Will she get into trouble on the way? With her lucky streak, and winning slots every time she should be fine, right? Well, will she? Read So.B.It   to find out. So.B.It is a perfectly paced book. It made me want to turn every page, just waiting to see what happens next. For example, on page 1 the last paragraph says: “I realized that one afternoon, sitting in the front of the squad car the fall before I turned 13...” left me wondering. Why was she in the squad car? What was she wondering? Wouldn’t that make you wonder what is going to happen next? Well, wouldn’t it? This book is a heartwarming book with some tears.


Honorable mention-
What my mother doesn’t know
What my boyfriend doesn’t know.
Hunger Games
Catching Fire

2 comments:

  1. This book seems really interesting! I liked how you asked questions throughout the book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really good book! It made me really think. I'm going to read this book!
    - Li Ping Titterington

    ReplyDelete