Friday, June 14, 2013

Out Of My Mind

                         
       Have you ever wondered how it would feel to have so many thoughts and not be able to say any of them? To know the right answer to every single  problem in class and not be able to say it? This is what Melody has to go through every day of her life. The protagonist in this book is Melody. There are a couple of antagonist in the book. One of them is Clair. Clair makes fun of Melody a lot because she sometimes drools, or has spasms with her arms and legs. Another antagonist in the book is not a human, but a disease. It is cerebral palsy. It is this because it holds Melody back from doing a lot of things, like answering questions in school, or even communicating with people. The problem in the story is that Melody has cerebral palsy and can't walk or talk even though she is so smart and has so many ideas and thoughts. The setting in this book is modern day U.S.A.


        In my opinion, Out Of My Mind is a fantastic book that I loved! One thing I liked about it is that it has a very fast pace. Another thing I liked was learning about cerebral palsy. For example, I thought it was interesting how people with cerebral palsy, like Melody, learn how to communicate and do everything else they want to do. At the beginning of the story melody has a taking bored with all the letters to communicate better. One thing that this book taught me is "don't take what you have for granted." It taught me that because after reading it I thought about how lucky I am to be able to walk and talk and do everything I want to. I can do that while some people can't. Another book that this reminded me of was The Hunger Games. It reminded me of that book because of a few things. One thing is the pace of the book. Both of these books are very face paced and make you want to keep reading and not put the book down. Another thing it reminded me of was the vocabulary. Both books had some great vocabulary in my opinion.


                               Honorable Mentions
                               - The Hunger Games
                               -The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
                               -Found
                               - 48 Hours

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book!! You did a great job summarizing and explaining the book!!
    - Li Ping Titterington

    ReplyDelete