Thursday, June 13, 2013

Girl,Stolen By: April Henry

Girl,Stolen Book Review
                                      By: Christina Borelli
Girl,Stolen by: April Henry. Reviewed by Christina B.
In the book, Girl,Stolen by: April Henry, is a dramatic and frightening story about 16 year-old Cheyenne who is mistakenly kidnapped, while sleeping in the car while her step-mom went to the pharmacy. But the worst part is she is blind and sick with pneumonia. Cheyenne struggles while being in this horrible situation. She is stuck in a worn down house near the woods, with 4 men she doesn’t know. Griffin, one of the men involved in the kidnapping helps Cheyenne escape. He feels horrible about what he did. Does Cheyenne escape or is she living in a nightmare still?Find out by reading Girl, Stolen!
I really enjoyed this book! I enjoyed it because the book made me put myself in Cheyenne’s situation. It had lots of good description too! This book reminds me of the theme, determined. Cheyenne was determined to get out of the kidnapped situation and escape. Something that I thought was very interesting was that this book was put into a 3rd person storyline. The book was amazing, don’t get me wrong, but I think that book would be just that much better if it was put into 1st person. The author did a great job writing this book with lots of description, sensory imagery and figurative language.
HONORABLE MENTIONS

  • Choke by Diana Lopez
  • What My Mother Doesn’t Know by Sonya Sones
  • My Life In Pink And Green by Lisa Greenwald

5 comments:

  1. Emily K
    I loved how you added a question at the end of your summary. That right there makes me want to read this book! It seems scary and intense because Cheyenne is blind..wow! Great overall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah P.
    Nice job Christina!I agree with Emily, a question was a nice way to end this suspenseful review. I like that you have criticism for the book, just saying good things abut a book can get boring. Great review overall, I know I'll be reading this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Christina! I wonder what happens to her. Does she get out safely? Now I really want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi christina, great job on your reviw, firts of all i like how you put everything together so organized,second of all its so scary to be blind and be with four men who u don't know, this book seems really good , now i really want to read it , GREAT JOB

    ReplyDelete
  5. The overall idea of the book seems really interesting! Do you mind if I borrow the book from you? (;

    ReplyDelete