Friday, June 14, 2013

 TWERP By.Mark Goldblatt
    Julian Twerski the protagonist is a normal guy, ‘til the unthinkable happened. Julian Twerski got a week-long suspension for his wrongdoing to Danley Dimmel (his real name is Stanley Stimmel but that is what everyone calls him. To get out of writing a boring report on Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, Julian writes about his life in 6th grade from the beginning of January of 1969 to July. The setting of Julian’s life is in New York City in the late 1960’s. I liked the book because it can relate to how bullying is occurring in schools. Also, other topics from the story is love, competition, friendship, foes, sports, courage, etc. Julian reminds me of myself. I was never a bully but if I ever made a mistake I would feel guilty like Julian did after the big accident. Plus, if I had to write a report on Julius Caesar, I would have chosen to write about my 7th grade life too. Julian makes me think that people should think over what they should do before they do it because mistakes happen easily without thinking.
I recommend this book to many young adults and children around the age 10 and up. I believe this book is 5 star book to read because of the way the Author writes like he is talking about a regular person's life. I read “Twerp” By. Mark Goldblatt which is about how Julian Twerski writes about his 6th grade life from the mess he made.

HONORABLE MENTION:
“Neither to laugh nor to weep” by. Abraham Hartunian
“Scarlet” by. Marissa Meyer
“Fight Game” by. Kate Wild   

No comments:

Post a Comment