Monday, April 11, 2011

The Back Door of Midnight by Elizabeth Chandler

Review by: Sara F.
    Does your family have any special traits? Anna O'Neil has one. Every girl in her family is psychic.... Or psychotic! At the request of her Uncle William, she comes to visit her crazy aunt to find out that her uncle died in a tragic accident. But she is determined to find out what happened to uncle. No one knows anything, but she thinks the hot guy next door, Zack, knows more than he is lead to believe. And although she denies it, she has powers just like her psycotic aunt that bring the truth forward. But when these powers stir up the past, she figures out who killed her uncle, and she's next on the list.

    I really enjoyed The Back Door of Midnight, by Elizabeth Chandler, because it has two great genres in one. I love horror and mystery, it's like peanut butter and jelly! Plus, it also goes from the view of kids my age, so I really understand the whole plot of the book. It also makes me think while I read, too. The book actually reminds me of a classic mystery story with a cool twist at the end. Keeps you on your toes! Finally, it also reminds me why it's important to keep the past intact with the present. All in all, this is a good book to read if you enjoy mystery stories.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great response. It really gave me a great sense of the book. I think its really interesting how every girl is psychotic, and how she can figure out the past. I wish I could figure out the past so I could meet my ancestors, or even figure out deeds that occurred in ancient times, like find out where Ark of the Covenant went. If I could figure out the past I would try to see my my grandparents that died, so I could get a sense of who they where and what they looked like. I think I would enjoy this book. You did a great job explaining and giving me a great sense of the book.

    ReplyDelete