Monday, April 11, 2011

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by: Jeff Kinney

 

A review by: Jake L Stars: *****

            The book Dog Days is a great book. This is the best book I read this year because it’s funny long and very detailed. It always keeps you interested and always wants you to know what happens next. The shocking part about the book is the beginning started off slow. It was still pretty funny but I didn’t get why it was called Dog Days. But once they actually got the dog it started to pick up. It actually got funnier as I read along, it got more detailed, and it wanted to keep a coming back into the story. This book actually reminds me of the Spongebob movie because Spongebob reminds me of Greg the main character the one the whole book is based on. Patrick reminds me about Rowely the sidekick and the best friend.

            The book is about a boy named Greg Heffely. Who is in the middle of his summer vacation and his dad gets him a dog. The problem is that the dog is very loud and rambunctious. Greg gets easily annoyed by the dog and he needs to figure out how to get rid of it. In my opinion the book is great and if you want a good laugh then read it.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love the way you described your book without giving it away entirely. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed your book review. I also read this book and it is very good book. You did a great job and you answered the review the same way that I would. You explained everything without giving to much away. Your conventions are great but you could have used some better words. Over all good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this book and I loved it. In homeroom during the reading days I think I read it about 16 times. I loved this book so much. Nice job with the summary too. I also rate the book 5 stars too. *****

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just love the diary of a wimpy kid book it really and hope you like it to

    ReplyDelete