Monday, April 11, 2011

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Reviewed by Jessica R.
*****

    In this story, you will meet this boy named Hugo who once, long ago, discovered a mysterious drawing that changed his life forever. This story takes place in Paris, in 1931. He lives all by himself, because his dad died and his uncle just left him, and then later died. Hugo lives in an old store behind clocks so when they need to get fixed, he is there to fix them. My opinion is that I like the illustrations in the book because they are very detailed. I also liked that when I first started to read the book I could not put it down. It was a page turner.
      
      I would definately recommend this book to anyone who likes adventures or mystery books because this is a book that has both! 
 

2 comments:

  1. I thought that this book review was very great because it makes me wanna read the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your review had a great opening that made me wonder about the book.

    ReplyDelete