Monday, April 11, 2011

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austin


Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austin and Seth Grahame-Smith        Review by Anthony L. *****                                                                                   
Everyone believe in some kind of fairytale creature creatures like fairies, dragons, and trolls . . .but zombies? This is the tale of Elizabeth and her sisters who live in a zombie infested London, England and try (try . . .) to be young dainty woman while also being zombie-killing machines. Not only must they fight there way through zombies, ninjas, and other people, the must find the perfect man for them.                                                                                                                           
  This book reminds me of World War Z another zombie book about war, zombies, and depression just as this book has. This book also highlights many themes such as perseverance, love, hate, keeping hope, survival, and responsibilities for your own actions. Not only does this book have very detailed vocabulary it also has very detailed illustrations that can show how gory the scenes can be. I recommend this boom to ANYONE who loves a gory love story.  

                                                             
                                                           Honorable Mention:                                                                                                                                 Alice in Wonderland by Luis Carroll
                                                        Sense and Sensibilities by Jane Austin

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds really cool. I've seen a little bit of the movie, but when you said there are zombies in it, I have no reason not to read it. I wonder who will be the right match for them because I when I think of dainty ladies, I don't think of zombie killers. Otherwise, I think you did an excellent job on this book review. I look forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds quite horrid yet in a "good" way. The book has truly scary yet addictive ploy. Carrying the reader into a world of fighting and survival. I wonder why you actually picked this book? A powerful way to introduce your book, and your showing a great deal of intelligence by making a connection or relating two different books. A well done job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent review. The way it is written is very informative about the book, and hilarious. This sounds like a very original mix of classic literature... and zombies. This review makes me very curious as to how the book possibly could end. Do Elizabeth and her sisters survive? Do they find the perfect man?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This review was amazing! The part about how they killed zombies AND were dainty ladies sounded really funny! I liked how you connected it to other books you have read, and explained a little about them. I also liked how the beginning caught my interest right away. Not to mention how you told us about all the gory pictures and vivid wordings! I CANT WAIT TO READ THIS BOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review Anthony. I really got surprised by the way you described the setting of the book and what was going on. Plus, I really like when you said: " creatures, like fairies, dragons, and trolls...but zombies?" I think that was a great quote because it isn't ordinary. I really want to read this book now because I am interested to know, what happens to the girls in London?

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job describing the book and I like how u stated details and how you compared this book to
    world war z and how they're both about zombies and about war

    ReplyDelete