Monday, April 11, 2011

Top 8, Katie Finn

     Review of Top 8, By Sofia F   
     Have you ever been hacked before? Or have you ever thought of what it was like to be hacked? Did you ever think losing your friends and your reputation could possibly be the outcome of a hacking?
     Madison MacDonald didn't know either. Now she knows.
In the story Top 8, by Katie Finn, Madison (Maddie) MacDonald went on a tropical vacation to the Virgin Islands. With no internet. The internet is a big part of Maddie's life, especially because she is so involved in a social networking site called "Friendverse.com"
     When she got home and logged onto her "friendverse." The second her profile popped up. She screamed...
     I liked this book because I could relate to Maddie in many ways. For example we are both still in school, we have the same likes, and dislikes, we stick to our own group of friends, we have big mouths, and we are both addicted to social networking websites. In her case it's "Friendverse," in my case it's "Facebook."
        This book really reminds me of the "Pretty Little Liars" series. It reminds me of this series because, all of the girls in both books are in high school, they are dealing with the same types of problems and the voice of both stories are very similar. Both books talk about things and say words that most younger girls or teenage girls use.
        The book Top 8 taught me not to always trust just anyone, and to be careful what i put online.




5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really interesting book. I really like the "Pretty Little Liars" series so I think that I might like this book. I like how at the end of the summary you ended with "She screamed..." It makes me want to read the book to find out what happened. I wonder if someone hacked into her account, and if someone did then who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting book. I liked when you said "When she got home and logged onto her "friendverse." The second her profile popped up. She screamed..." This leaves people hanging with suspense, and wanting to read more. This sounds like a book that I would love to read because it seems as if it has suspense, and great details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Sofia, thank you for showing me this book in the beginning of the year. I loved it! Your review made me want to read this book again! I like how you said that it's "friendverse" in Madison's world and in your world its "facebook". This book reminded me of Pretty Little Liars too. The suspense and mystery reminds me of that series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there such thing as friendverse is real life?

    ReplyDelete