Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Letters To God by Patcrick Doughtie & John Perry


Letters To God
Patrick Doughtie & John Perry ***** (5/5 stars)
Reviewed by Paige G.

          Why do we suffer from diseases? Where is God when we need him or his help? Why do Godly Faithful kids have to suffer from cancer? Well, this is the story of a young boy suffering from cancer, and also his family falling apart after a tragic accident. A young nine-year-old boy named Tyler Doherty is suffering from incurable brain cancer and is still confused about the loss of his father from a severe car accident. His family hasn’t been doing so well since they found out that Ty has brain cancer that cant be cured, only treated so its not as bad, and also his widowed mother has very little trust and faith in God as she wonders why He let her husband, Patrick Doherty, get “man-slaughtered” in a car accident.

          The problem is that Tyler thinks that god will help his family if he repeatedly sends him letters, called letters to God. He sends him prayers inside the letters, but does he know that god cant receive these letters? This is a great book, so if you like this book review so far then it’ll be an interesting book for you to read, and you wont ever want to stop! I absolutely love this book; it’s my favorite book I’ve read in my life so far. If you are religious and like gospel stories it’s good choice for you. This book reminds me of how lucky I am to have a family always there for me and keeping me safe, also giving me the things I need, and not having to suffer from the cancers and diseases other kids and even adults do. This Book reminds me of another book that i've read before with little different stories about God and how hes helped kids through times in need, this is book is a series of many called Roman Soup for A teenage soul

          When I read this book I thought about my grandmother because she died from cancer, but she wasn’t so close to God and I always told her, “ask God for help and he will supply you with what you need”. In the book before Ty"s dad passed away, he always told Ty the same thing, so this story somehow relates to my life and me also. This is an adventurous book that is sad but also exciting and hard to put down!

No comments:

Post a Comment