Monday, April 11, 2011

Knots in My Yo-yo String, by Jerry Spinelli

Knots in My Yo-yo String, Jerry Spinelli

Review by Robert K. ***** 


    How would you like to know about an authors childhood and how they grew up. How would you like to know where they grew up, what were their hobbies, and what they experienced throughout their lives. You can read about this in the memoir of Jerry Spinelli. Read about where he lived and what he did on his free time. Read how his childhood was different than yours right now.

This is a spectacular book! Our lives today are much different than it was in the past when he was a kid. Kids also used to do much different activities on their free time when they didn’t have as much technology as we do today. This story reminds me how my parents tell me what they used to do when they were kids. I highly recommend this book to anyone, even if you are not a fan of memoirs.

Honorable Mentions:

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth, by Jeff Kinney

The Dead Man in Indian Creek, by Mary Downing Hahn

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your response on the book 'Knots in My Yo-yo String." I have heard that this book is very interesting. When you said in your response "This story reminds me how my parents tell me what they used to do when they were kids" I was thinking the exact same thing. From your response it sounds like this book is very good. Your response made me want to read this book even more then I did before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really got a sense of what this book was like from your review. I really liked how you asked rhetorical questions at the beginning. Also after reading your review it really made me wonder about what life was like back then, and what my parent's life was like. But I still wonder: is the whole memoir about what life was like for him growing up, or are there different parts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your book review Robert. I got a good look at the book after you reviewed it. I might even think of reading it. It seems like such a great book the way you reviewed it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did a great job on this book review Robert. It was phenomenal and you explained everything so well. It seems like a great book and I am interested in reading it. Just from reading your review I have a good idea of what this story is about. I think you could have used better vocabulary words but I think you did a great review.

    ReplyDelete