Monday, April 11, 2011

Marley & Me by John Grogan


Marley & Me, By John Grogan
Review by Michaela A.  ★★★★★
            Think of a world with the world’s worst dog.  On the outside he is a cute little adorable dog, but on the inside he is a devil trying to break free.  If you were to have the world’s worst dog his name would probably be Marley.  John and Jenny Grogan have a dog named Marley.  All they wanted was a cute calm little puppy.  Instead they got Marley.  Marley is a very active dog that gets into a lot of trouble.  Will John and Jenny put up with Marley being the world’s worst dog or will they have to give him up on their journey with him?
            This book is hilarious, funny, and amazing.  If you want a book about love and truly caring about something then you have to read this book.  It makes you think about how much you really care about something when you have it, and when it’s gone you feel heartbroken.  In a way it reminds me of Lilo & Stitch because Stitch in the beginning of the story he got in trouble all the time and all he wanted to do was mess things up.  At the end of the story he calmed down and noticed that he was acting crazy and stopped acting crazy.  That is just like Marley.  At the end of the story Marley stopped being the crazy dog that he was and started acting like a regular dog.  I think that anyone would like this book, no matter what kind of books they like.
Honorable Mentions
Sliding into Home, by Dori Hillestad Butler
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good book ive read it and btw its really good

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading your book review of "Marley & Me." I have seen this movie, but the book sounds even better the way you described it. I loved how you said the book reminded you of Lilo & Stitch. They are both almost alike. I still wonder though, did John and Jenny ever get tired of Marley and think of getting rid of him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Based on your review, Marley and Me sounds like a great book! Marley be a funny character to read about! i can see how you connects to lilo and stitch. i cant wait to read Marley and Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought your book review was really good. I thought it was good because you gave a great summery of the book without giving any details away. I also read this book and I thought it was really funny. I hope you enjoyed the book the way I did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marley and Me, By Jeff Grogan
    A review by Nick. M *****


    I am not a student who likes to read often. I usually never voluntarily read but the book Marley and Me was great. I really enjoyed reading it and in some ways I could connect to the story. The protagonist of the story was Marley a wild loving golden retriever. It took place in a small town and the conflict was Marley’s behavior “ and that’s saying it lightly”.

    I liked this book because it was hilarious. Marley had a vibrant personality and got into a ton of trouble. He was clumsy, goofy, and one of a kind. It was fun to read about all of the trouble he got in. I can personally connect to Mr. Grogan because he really wanted the same exact kind of dog that I would want. He also got a dog with the same kind of personality that I would look for in a dog. I liked this book a lot and I recommend it to anybody who would like to read a great book.


    Honorable mention.

    City of Ember,
    Diary of a wimpy kid, By Jeff Kinney

    ReplyDelete
  9. your review was so good! i really liked it. i love how you didnt give away to much information but gave a brief summary great job. even though i have read the book and seen the movie this review wants to make me read it again great job! :)

    ReplyDelete